Friday, November 7, 2008

Five

Alice
After Kate and my performance, I went to go grab a beer to quench my thirst. I saw Kate and Ellen dance, and I smiled inwardly. Maybe Kate would get her wish, and get some actual lesbian experience. I would tell her about Ellen’s sexual revelation later on, and let her do what she would with that news.
“Nice dancing.” A voice said over my shoulder. I turned and saw Marcus smirking at me.
“Why thank you.” I chugged some beer.
“Whoa, slow down there.” His eyes opened in surprise at my quick drinking.
“I’m a college freshman; I’m supposed to binge, right?”
“True, I’m really just impressed.”
“Want to race a shotgun against me?”
“You two are wild; Kate already got me high, now you’re getting me drunk.”
“So that’s a no? Pussy.”
“I didn’t say that. Hand me one.”
I counted to three, then we both punctured the can with a key and I started to drink the flood of alcohol that gushed out. I opened the back of my throat, letting it flow down and when I finished, I threw the can down in triumph. Marcus was still drinking, beer spilling over his chin and dribbling it onto his shirt. He finished after a few seconds and gasped for breathe.
“Where did you learn to do that?” he looked at me, impressed.
“My basement. Kate and I race all the time.”
“Aha, you’re a cheater. I never practice.”
“You’re just bitter.” I smiled at him, feeling the drunkenness in my limbs, heavy and thick.
“Want to go have a cigarette?”
“God, yes.”
As we walked downstairs, I unbuttoned one more button on my shirt, just in case he was looking. I pulled out my pack from my back pocket, fingering the plastic casing nervously. I put a cigarette to my lips and lit it with a match. Marcus it his own with a Zippo lighter and I nearly swooned. He was like a Mohawked James Dean in a leather jacket, with brooding eyes and full lips.
“So you and Kate are like, what, best friends?”
“Ha, yeah, duh.”
“Nothing more?” He raised his eyebrows.
“Ah, she told you. She is gay, I am straight. Nothing more to say on the topic.”
“Sorry if that was out of line.”
“Nah, just kind of funny. She wouldn’t be my type anyways.” I deadpanned.
“Ohh, ouch.” He laughed softly.
“I’m kidding.” I smiled a little, as I exhaled. I felt so cool right now, talking to this sexy upperclassmen on my first night on a college campus. Who knew college would be so easy, I thought to myself. Kate and I seemed to have everything on lock already. We were golden.

No comments: