Monday, October 6, 2008

Chapter Twenty Six

“So this is it?” we stood in the air port terminal, as far in as I could go.
“Yeah.” His voice was slower than usual.
“I am going to miss you so much.”
“I’m going to miss you too!” Dave jumped toward me, grabbing me in a hug.
“We need our Sweet Jane!” Colin added.
“Guys, we’re ruining a romantic moment.” Jason rolled his eyes.
“Whoops, sorry!” Dave headed towards the gift shop.
“I’ll call you when I land.” Andrew looked me in the eye, his brow crinkling adorably. My stomach knotted and I felt myself tear up. “Baby…” he hugged me.
“It’s ok, we’re good. We’re strong enough for this.”
“I know we are, Jane. I know that better than you know.”
“No German girls.”
“None. Just a French one.”
“I’ll kill you. Then her. You first though.”
“No brooding hipsters with accents.”
“I don’t even know any anymore, don’t worry.”
“We have to go, Andrew.” Jason called.
“Ok.” He called back. “I love you.”
“I love you tons. I’ll be ok, right?”
“You’ll be great.”

No comments: